Monday, September 14, 2015

Mini Sutton Blouse


I made this top using the Mini Sutton pattern from True Bias.

I bought these chevron fabrics forever ago and I had to frankenstein them together to get a complete shirt. But I think I prefer it more than if it were all made out of the black and white chevron print.

The method of adding the button placket was something new to me. It works! And it looks sharp. It's always nice to learn a new way of sewing up something. I'd have to make it a few more times before I could do it without the instructions, though.
And then I couldn't stop making Mini Suttons so I modified the pattern and did one more, but turned it into a dress this time. I omitted the button placket since the fabric was so stretchy  that buttons were unnecessary. This has got to be the most comfortable dress on the planet.

post signature

No comments: