Last week I finished this top.
Simplicity 1660, view B.
I found the fabric at Walmart back last November for $2/yard. The lace was left over from an unblogged baby blessing dress I made almost 10 years ago. So, this shirt cost me about $5.
All the seams are french seams. I chose a size S, I think. But I guess I have a lot of hips so I ended up adding a spacer strip of fabric on each side seam, grading from two inches wide near the armpit to three inches wide near the hem. Other than that, I didn't make any adjustments. I did use self-made bias tape to finish the sleeve opening.
I discovered that lots of starch was the key to successfully hemming this top. And I learned that carrying a bag with exposed velcro is not a good combination with this fabric. Sad face. The velcro on my stupid tote bag made a bunch of runs in the back of my new blouse. Boo. I pulled it this way and that way so it looks almost better again.
Hooray for sewing again! I almost finished it before Me Made May ended. Next year I may actually have enough self-stitched clothes to participate.