Saturday, May 31, 2014

baby bloomers

This morning I made some baby bloomers for a friend's baby shower using a free pattern found here. Super easy. Super cute. There are no specifications in the instructions on what length to cut the elastic for the waist or the legs. I ended up guessing and doing 18" for the waist and just eyeballing it for the legs. Hopefully they work out for the new baby they're intended for.
The new mother said she's been drawn to robins and rabbits during this pregnancy so I found a nice line drawing and took about an hour this morning preparing the image so my embroidery software could make an embroidery design out of it. It was a little bit tricky getting a tiny onsie secured in the hoop. Nothing a little masking tape couldn't handle. Sheesh!
I was tempted to add some little heart shapes in a pile under the back end of the bird, but I contained myself. I'm not sure how funny/gross anyone else would find it.  ♥  ♥  ♥ 
post signature

No comments: