I made another shirt for Eli out of one of Kirk's old shirts.
Proof that the shirt used to fit his dad. This was taken in 2010 at Crater Lake.
I added a pocket with a button/placket detail for interest.
It's my favorite part of the shirt.
I used part of the existing back yoke so I wouldn't have to do any matching of the plaid.
Simplicity 7780) so it wouldn't have a 70s vibe like the last shirt I made. I also did some top-stitching around the edge of the collar, which may be what is making it want to curl. I kind of forced the seam line (that joins the front collar and the back collar together) to the underside as I was top-stitching. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the problem. I either need to take out the top-stitching or add a couple of tiny buttons at the point of each collar to keep it down.
this tutorial from Handmade by Carolyn to make a flat-felled split seam in the side seams.
Here's how I did the collar this time.
This is the tool I use to turn the collar and make the points look sharp.