Thursday, August 15, 2013

another swimsuit

I think this is Afton's favorite swimsuit so far. And mine, too. I don't think I even have a picture of her wearing it yet. But it fits great. She looks sort of like a disco ball in it. I love it. It makes it easier to find her in a crowd. I noticed that after playing in the sand and dirt and water, some of the silver dots are wearing off on the bottom of the briefs. But that actually creates a cool accidental ombre/fading effect. Sometimes accidents are the best part of my projects.
front view
Pattern: Kwik Sew 3605 (with modifications) Size M (top), Size S (briefs)
Some notes for myself for next year's swim season: I re-drafted the neckline so this one doesn't scoop as wide as the turquoise suit. I color blocked it. (Obviously.) I lined the backside of the briefs to avoid the clinging effect that's happening with the turquoise briefs. And I made the elastic tighter on the legs and waist of the size S briefs so I wouldn't have to shrink it in the dryer like the last one.

back view

post signature