Friday, May 3, 2013

skirts x 4!!

 Afton & I  traveled from Washington to West Virginia just to make these skirts. Actually we went to WV to attend Goldie's baptism and confirmation in to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 
 For some reason I got this idea stuck in my head that I needed to make four little matching skirts for the four little cousin girls who were visiting together in West Virginia.  Luckily, Rishi had just been given a serger, so that made the project come together pretty quickly. The fabrics came from a local Walmart. The black elastic for the waistbands came from the local JoAnn fabrics. I didn't use a pattern, I just basically cut out eight rectangles and made a faux-bubble skirt effect with the glittery tulle over the zebra print.

Super-fun skirts, super-fun girls, and a super-fun trip!

From left to right: Charith, Julie, and Rishi.
post signature

3 comments:

Sara Jolie said...

nice work! is that a blue see through overlay on the top of the zebra print? I love it

Sara Jolie said...

whoops...I should've read it first...

Reba said...

So cute!