Sunday, February 3, 2013

just finished

I finished it. It's a Super Bowl Sunday miracle. With all the UFOs on my to-do list, I don't know what made me start and finish this project in less than two days. Maybe it's a last ditch effort to get stuff done before we move. Anyway... Here it is. I love this fabric on Afton. And Afton genuinely looked like she was excited to wear it. Especially the black velvety shirt I made for her.
 I used a ready-to-wear shirt from her closet to trace out the pattern for this top. Even the boys were ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the velvety fabric on this one. It fits her really well, plus it sewed up much quicker than I had anticipated. Super easy is always a favorite. The only problem is, as she wears it, the shirt kind of bunches up; the hemline just keeps skootching up under the dress. Not sure how to fix that. Maybe just tuck her shirt into her tights?
 I used Simplicity 2991 as a template for the back bodice of the dress, and for the sleeve cap of the shirt.
I'm happy with it. She's happy with it. The end. 
post signature

No comments: