Wednesday, January 9, 2013

just started

I started somthing that I probably shouldn't have... a Bargello table runner.
I had to google Bargello becuase I had never heard of it. Doing an image search pulled up some really cool, uh, images.

I've never made a table runner and it's been years since I made a quilt. But when I saw that this technique was being used in a class at my local Bernina store, I signed up. We're using a pattern called Heart Song.


My color choices are totally different and I didn't follow the pattern exactly, so we'll see how mine turns out. It's a lot more time-consuming than I thought it would be. Ten strips sewn on, only 39 strips to go!

When Reid saw it, he said it looked like it was from Minecraft (which my kids are pretty addicted to). He's totally right!

post signature

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous. Seriously. I can't wait to see it finished. :)

Carolyn said...

What a lovely design! It looks very intricate.
I am familiar with Minecraft too, and this pixellated design does have the same look, you are right!
Thank you so much for the kind comment on my blog :)