Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Flags Part 3

 My Third Flag
These are the fabrics I purchased for the final flag I made this summer, 2012. They all came from JoAnn's. The white you see pictured below was from my stash. The dark blue was the backing.
This year's theme was stars. I think the girls and I were both stumped. The color assigned to us was orange. They were also assigned a constellation called Cygnus. The person who did the assigning was thinking about the ugly duckling and how it is really a swan. Great idea, but how do you incorporate orange?
As you can see, I gave it a nod.
Here are the results of my favorite new interfacing: Wonder Under.
It makes the lettering, swan, and stars look awesome.
And finally, the new thing I learned about in 2012. Glow in the dark thread. Mike suggested it would be the perfect complement to a constellation themed flag and he was right. During the day you saw a swan and at night there was the glow in the dark constellation shining to let you know where the Bluefield camp was located.

Next week, I'll show you how I use wonder under on another project I'm working on.

1 comment:

charith said...

This one is amazing! My kids were oohing and aahing over it, too. Can't wait for the wonder-under tutorial. I try to use it when I use my embroidery module, but I need some tips from a pro.