Wednesday, September 26, 2012

patch mania

...and while I'm on the subject of patches...
All of the boys' pants in this post were hand-me-downs. A few of the knees were pretty thread-bare by the time they were given to us.
I figured that each pair of pants I rescued would save me at least $10 in replacement costs.
So I started patching them up. Lots and lots of patches. 

A few months ago I decided to start embroidering images on the patches. I guess I just had to turn each patch job into a ginormous project or something. I think these patches are so fun. I love the band-aids, the skull and crossbones, the hot-air balloons, and the roses, too. I love seeing my kids wear them. It just makes me happy.
Here is what a pair of them look like without the wear-and-tear.
I've thought about selling them, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time and cost.
So there you have it. My obsession with patches.

2 comments:

Sarajolie said...

way cute...good idea

Rishi said...

sign me up. how much should I pay you for two patches? It would save me time.