Fabric: not stretchy. washable, less than $2
Patterns: For the bodice, I merged two vintage patterns: Simplicity 6048, (which is actually a bathrobe pattern) and McCall's 3579. Plus, I did a FBA, so it was heavily altered.
Notions: elastic, less than $1
Time: made May 2012. It took me about seven hours from start to finish. This includes pattern tracing and re-tracing and adjusting and blah, blah, blah.
Two months ago I scored a lot of fabric and notions for a super good deal. Sadly, another locally owned fabric store went out of business. But I wasn't so sad that I couldn't shop. I have no idea what this fabric is made up of. I should probably take some sort of a class which teaches me about all the different fabrics out there. Actually, I probably took that class back in my 4-H days when I was a tween. Anyway, this fabric is flowy and not stretchy and inexpensive. Twelve yards for $5.00. That's right.A friend of mine, Lindsay, had pinned a dress which I tried to backtrack to find the designer/company who actually makes the dress. No luck. Before it sold out, I remember seeing that the price was well over $500, but I didn't think to notice who it was made by.
I also wish I had cut the hem right the first time, or the second time, so it wasn't swinging so high above the floor. But at the same time, it doesn't look super bad and it is more practical at its current length. I'd hate to trip over my own hem seeing that my modeling skills are kind of terrible, as exhibited below... and above, for that matter.
Lindsay for taking fotos for me!