Sunday, May 20, 2012

not just made

 I made this messenger bag for Eli last March. Not this year. March of 2011. And I'm just now getting around to posting about it. I love this embroidery design found at EmbroideryOnline.
 The pattern for the bag, I found at Punkin Pattern. I modified it, of course. I can't make hardly anything anymore without tweaking it.
I used duck cloth for the fabric. Heavy duty contrasting jean thread. And the skulls & crossbone fabric is a knit I found at Fabric Depot in Portland. I've been hanging on to it waiting for the perfect project to use it on.
Eli loves this bag. Even now, over a year later. He's always collecting rocks and blocks and bugs in it. It has held up really well so far. Sewing through 4+ layers of duck cloth, plus the webbing in some places made it pretty tricky to sew and super frustrating at tmes. But it was worth it to have such a heavy duty bag.
post signature

No comments: