Monday, June 13, 2011

For Sale--Made to Order

 Our fabulous sister-in-law, Katherine was having a tough time finding matching dresses for her 7 year-old and her 1 year-old. So she asked me to see what I could do to remedy the situation. These Sweet Ruffle Dresses are the cure! 
 Knit pullover dress with cap sleeves and empire waist. Delicate flowers and birds branch across a white bodice. Pretty pink ruffle, waistband, and removeable boutonniere can be ordered in any color of your choice. Three buttons and back zipper (or side zipper) make it easy to get on and off.
 I originally sketched out the design of this dress with women in mind. That was back last year when I entered that Shabby Apple design contest. But when Katherine asked me to make some dresses for her girls, I was more than happy to take this design off the back burner and make it a reality. I still think it would work as a women's dress. Lower the waistline, add a wide belt... any takers?
 It took me a few days to work out the top. I drafted the bodice pattern using my Helen Joseph-Armstrong text book Santa brought me. Phew! Sometimes me and text books don't get along. But I persevered and I'm glad I did. Pattern drafting sure wasn't anywhere in my old 4-H sewing book, circa 1989!
 

A big thank you to the models and their mama!
And another great big thank you to the photographers, Lindsay and Kristin!
These pictures are killing me. So adorable.
Head on over to The Bridge Street Etsy Shop if you are in love!

post signature

5 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

These look so good! I love that you are so creative. I'm glade were friends;)

Rishi said...

They are awesome pics Charith. I love it!

Brook said...

these are so adorable!! How are you related to Catherine?!?

charith said...

Brook- I'm not related to Catherine. She just had girls around the same age as my neices. My sister-in-law is also a Katherine. I didn't even think about that as I typed up this post. Oops!

nephi and katherine said...

So cute Charith! the dresses look AlMoSt as cute on these girls as they do mine!! ;) They are cute modles! Thank you for making them! You are wonderful!