I have declared March to be the month for mending. I have sewn a lot of stuff not worth photographing or blogging about. I sewed buttons onto shirts, adjusted the waistline of some jeans for my daughter (Miss no-waist can't hardly get a pair of pants to stay on), hemmed a pair of pants for my husband (they've only been in the mend pile for over a year), and I fixed this little coat that I love. Here it is in pristine condition:
So this is the "before" shot. Reid had picked out as much of the stuffing as he could reach with his little fingers. I'm still finding bits of fluff all over in the back seat of the car. I re-stuffed it and then frankensteinly stitched it together before hand stitching my home-made patch over the hole.
embroidery design for a pine tree from Embroidery Online. I stitched this dumb thing four times before I got it to work right. Sometimes I wonder why I even plug in my machine... But as frustrating as it can be, I guess I just consider it an education and I hope that every embroidery project will get easier and easier. I'm sort of addicted and I can't stop even when I want to pull my hair out. There is definitely a learning curve with not only the machine, but the software too. Add to that, trying to get used to a new(er) laptop. So this little pine tree that should have taken about 15 minutes to stitch out took me hours. But I'm too embarrased to say how many.