Saturday, October 30, 2010

Silvermist & Super Heroes

I am beginning to feel like a Halloween Costume Factory! But I'm finally finished, just in time and the Factory is closed until next year.


My 3yr old has been asking to be Batman for Halloween all month long. And this week his dreams came true! Along with his sidekick, Robin. The baby probably isn't going wear his costume again after Halloween. He's not really into playing dress-up yet. But I wanted to get some wear out of it so I thought it would be good to make the Robin costume small enough for the baby to wear, but also big enough for the big boy to wear. Success! One costume to fit two boys: Done.
 I used McCall’s 4951 as a template for the boys' costumes. But I had to do some major adjustments to get what you see. Major. I used the embroidery module on my Bernina to stitch the appliques.


And introducing Silvermist, the Fairy. She's one of Tinkerbell's buddies. I cut this pattern (Simplicity 2872) out three months ago. I originally intended on making it for her birthday, but.... Well, let's not talk about what a slacker I am, eh?



The Out-takes:
Robin unmasked!





post signature

1 comment:

Rishi said...

Charith, awesome costumes. They are so authentic. I hope the kids had fun trick or treating in them.