Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the blue box with a cute collar

Dear Rishi,
This is the most recent bit of fabric trying to make its way into my closet. I know, I know, it isn't black. or white. or brown. Spring rolled around and I thought I'd make an awkward attempt at color. I'm still not in love love with the color, but I am in love love with the collar. I dig the pleaty-tucks peeking out from under the front collar...

and the back collar too. As long as the thing is on a hanger.

But on me? Could this thing get any boxier? I'd like it to give the illusion of less (what should I say) girth, not more. I set to work, attempting to solve the problem today. A little tuck here, a little tuck there. It's full of pins and I'd like to show you the results, but my choice in photographers was between a four year-old and a fourteen month-old, (the three year-old was napping) so more pics to come when Ansel Adams shows up.

5 comments:

donna said...

wonderful blog!!!!

Shauna said...

Look, it's your blog! I love that collar too. It is the perfect size. And I'm kind of dying to steal this from you and make it into a dress for Lucy. (have you noticed that all I want to do lately is take things and make them into dresses for Lucy? Now I just need to know how to make dresses).

donna said...

do you still need a picture of Emily in the skirts that you made????

Rishi said...

I've been thinking about this ever since you posted it. I'm in love with your collar too. I keep wondering, did you use a pattern of any sort? Or did you just cut it out free hand or create your own pattern first? What is your secret in designing something like this?

charith said...

Donna, that would be great to have pics of Em in the skirt(s). But only if you have an extra afternoon to do a photo shoot. :)

Rishi, Butterick B5223.